Popular Posts

08 March 2009

Sunday Lunch


Today our friends Rochelle and Phil came over for lunch with their beautiful son Otis (I am also his very proud God mother!). For the first time today even Oti tasted some of cooking, and he seemed very impressed! He is only one year old, so even if he had not been impressed I would not have minded. But he ate some of everything.

I am still quite obsessed with my spice book, and have made another trip to Herbie's Spices, I'd probably have 35 spices now and try to use at least one in each dish I cook. They add such an interesting and tasty dimension to basic meals.

On the menu for today was:

  • Prawn, avocado, prosciutto and aioli bruschetta

  • Roasted red onion and garlic ravioli with cream and thyme sauce

  • Roast beef with mustard, garlic and herb butter

  • Rosemary chips

  • Rocket, roast tomato and parmesan salad with pink peppercorn dressing

  • Rich chocolate cake with spiced berries and whipped cream

Rochelle and Phil were told that their food would have to be photographed prior to eating it (and they happily agreed), so I will shortly be uploading the recipes and the photos along with a menu plan for what can be prepared in advance. We had a lovely relaxing meal with much being prepared in advance.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment