Popular Posts

18 May 2009

Herby Steamed Potatoes


When I asked Mark is he had any requests for dinner on Sunday night, he said that he would really like the same slow cooked lamb that we had the Sunday night before (he said that it seemed like a 'Sunday' meal). I loved that dish so was happy to grant the request.

I put the lamb in the oven, but became preoccupied with a few other things and forgot about roast potatoes. So I decided to cook steamed potatoes, but jazz them up with some herbs.

Traditionally, I have served steamed potatoes with butter, and often chives. But I am trying to cut back on butter, so used olive oil instead. As mint goes so well with lamb, I thought that chives and mint together would make these potatoes a delicious accompaniment to the lamb.

Have a go!

Just steam your potatoes (takes about 10-15 minutes once the steam is going - to test, poke with a knife). Finely chop some mint and chives (or whatever herbs you like) and combine the herbs, potatoes, a dash of olive oil and salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment