Popular Posts

19 June 2009

Lemon Myrtle and Kaffir Lime Leaf Risotto


One of the first risotto recipes I learnt to make was a lemongrass and lime leaf risotto that was in a small marie claire book of my mum's.

It was absolutely delicious and very unique. I should one day remember to write down the recipe when I am over at their place.

In the meantime, I have tried to make something similar using my enormous range of spices! Lemon myrtle has a very lemongrass-like flavour, and I have plenty of dried kaffir lime leaves, so it seemed logical to have a go using these.

So here is my creation, and if I do say so myself, it is not too bad...

Ingredients (serves 2)

4 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2cm grated fresh ginger
1 cup arborio rice
1 chicken breast trimmed
1 teaspoon lemon myrtle
1 teaspoon dried kaffir lime leaf
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon butter
Small handful fresh mint

Method

Heat the chicken stock in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently. Heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and cook for a minute or so. Add the rice and cook stirring until translucent. Use a soup ladle to add the chicken stock one ladle full at a time, stirring well, and adding more stock once the previous ladle full has been absorbed.

After all the stock has been absorbed, add the lemon myrtle, kaffir lime leaves, fish stock, butter and mint and stir well. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment