Popular Posts

28 July 2009

Chicken, Cherry Tomato, Mint and Danish Feta Pasta


I go through phases with pasta. Sometimes I want it all the time. Other times I can happily not eat it for a while. I think because it is so heavy at night I find that I want something lighter.

Having said that, I went through bit of a pasta phase recently (probably due to it being cold outside), and this dish was one that I made at that time. What I love about it is that it is so fresh - and has all my favourite ingredients - tomatoes, mint, garlic, danish feta...


Ingredients (serves 2)

300-350g long pasta (spaghetti / fettuccini)
1 chicken breast trimmed
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic (or as much as you like)
250g cherry tomatoes halved
1 bunch mint roughly chopped
2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1-2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
Danish feta (as much or as little as you like) crumbled
Salt and pepper

Method

Cook the pasta as per packet instructions. Meanwhile, grill the chicken and set aside to keep warm.

Heat the olive oil in a fry pan. Add the garlic and fry gently and then add the tomatoes and cook until soft. Add the cooked pasta to the tomato mixture. Reserve a little of the pasta cooking liquid.

Stir to combine, adding red wine vinegar as you go. Slice chicken and add to the pasta. Stir though a little of the reserved cooking water if the pasta is a bit dry. Season with salt and pepper and mix through mint. Serve topped with pine nuts and danish feta.

No comments:

Post a Comment