Popular Posts

12 July 2009

Potato and Roasted Garlic Soup


I have been very slow to add recipes lately - unfortunately this is because I have not been cooking as much! We spent today re-shuffling furniture and trying to get ourselves sorted out now that our floors have been polished and we can finally attempt to unpack properly. A very disappointing weekend from a food perspective, but I guess these things have to be done.

I did manage to cook a quiche yesterday - but I was not 100% happy with it (my friends said they liked it, but I am not convinced), so that one is being fine tuned. And today I made a thick and creamy potato and roasted garlic soup - very happy with this one!

Ingredients (serves approx. 4)

2 heads garlic top sliced off
Olive oil
1 brown onion diced
4-6 large potatoes peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces
4-5 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 cup sour cream (or to taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
To serve, 1 bunch chives finely chopped

Method

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Drizzle the garlic with olive oil, wrap in foil and make for 40 minutes. Allow to cool and remove garlic flesh from skins.

Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan. Saute onion until soft. Add potatoes, stock and thyme. Bring to the boil and then simmer until potato is soft. Process potato mixture and roasted garlic.

Return soup to the pan. Add mustard, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Serve sprinkled with chives.

1 comment:

  1. Have been sick with the flu so I made this. It was very comforting. Just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete