Popular Posts

11 August 2009

My New Favourite Potatoes


I made these potatoes a few weeks ago when Scott came over for dinner. And fell in love with them. I made them again last night. And still loved them. I really think they are my new favourite. This may be attributable to the fact that I love burnt butter and sage, but that is fine with me!

It is important to dress the potatoes while they are still warm so that they suck up all the flavours.

The flavours just seem to work beautifully together. I hope you enjoy.

Ingredients (serves 3-4)
3-4 large potatoes cut into chunks (or 12 small potatoes)
6 slices prosciutto
100g butter
1 bunch sage
1 tablespoon capers
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon pink peppercorns crushed
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Method
Preheat oven to 210 degrees. Steam potatoes until cooked through. Meanwhile, bake prosciutto until crisp.

Once potatoes are just cooked through, place butter, sage and capers in a small saucepan. Cook until sage and capers are crisp and butter is browned. Pour over potatoes. Break up prosciutto and add to potatoes. Top potatoes with lemon zest and peppercorns. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with extra olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment