Popular Posts

27 April 2009

Prawns with Avocado and Ginger and Lemon Myrtle Mayonnaise


I have been wanting to make this dish for quite a long time. I surprised Mark last Wednesday night with a mid-week romantic meal and decided to serve this as an entree.

It was exceptionally easy and tasted delicious. It is important, however, to buy good quality, very fresh prawns as they really are the centrepiece here.

Unfortunately I cannot give precise measurements for the ginger and lemon myrtle to add to the mayonnaise. I just added a little bit at a time and then tasted the mayonnaise and kept adding more until I was happy. If I had to guess, I would say add about 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger and 1-2 teaspoons lemon myrtle. But really, you can just add however much you want until it tastes the way you want it to taste. I also added a very small amount garlic, but this is optional.

I used the mayonnaise recipe that I posted on 22 February 2009, but did not add the mustard.

Ingredients (Serves 2)

1 quantity mayonnaise (see post from 22 February 2009 and omit mustard)
1/2 - 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
Approx 2 teaspoons lemon myrtle
1/2 clove garlic crushed
8 fresh cooked prawns peeled and heads removed
1/2 avocado sliced
Handful fresh mint

Method

Make the mayonnaise. Add ginger, lemon myrtle and garlic to taste. Arrange the prawns and avocado on a plate. Spoon over a tablespoon or two of mayonnaise and sprinkle over the fresh mint. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment