Popular Posts

27 October 2009

Mango and Avocado Salad


I know, I have not been posting regularly. I apologise to anyone (maybe there is at least one...?) who has been checking regularly hoping for new posts. We have been very busy lately. This time last year we were in the midst of planning our own wedding and attending lots of friends' weddings. We thought this year would be quieter...we were wrong! Now we're in the midst of 30ths, our 1st wedding anniversary, baby showers and so on. But we're having a lot of fun.

Now back to food. I have always had an aversion to salads with fruit in them. I have no idea why, other than that for some reason it seemed wrong to me. Mum used to make an avocado and mango salad that I never really liked. Turns out, that it was me who was wrong.

I think this salad is a new favourite of mine! It is so fresh and light - just delicious! It went beautifully with the Crusted BBQ Fish.

Ingredients (serves 2)

75g baby rocket
1 avocado diced
1 mango diced
Zest of 1 lime and the juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
Finely chopped mint to taste

Method

Just before serving, combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss well.

No comments:

Post a Comment