Popular Posts

08 June 2009

Brown Sugar Butterfly Cakes with Raspberry Cream

As with the chocolate cupcakes, I searched the internet for this recipe. I had purchased the copy of Gourmet Traveller that it is featured in, but could not locate it when I needed it and luckily found the recipe easily on the internet. You can find it at:

http://gourmettraveller.com.au/brown-sugar-butterfly-cakes-with-raspberry-cream.htm

I used to have butterfly cakes as a child - my grandma makes some delicious ones that I recall my mother requesting for her birthday - so it was exciting for me to make them.

This recipe was a lot easier than the chocolate one - the mixture easily poured into the patty cases. I made the raspberry cream in advance and stored it in a thick plastic bag in the fridge until I was serving and then simply cut one of the corners of the bag off and 'piped' the cream into the cakes.

I also added one teaspoon of my Herbies 'Fragrant Sweet Spices' to the mixture - delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment