Popular Posts

08 June 2009

Raspberry Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Icing - or 'Raspberry Surprise'

For this event I wanted an easy dessert that I could just put on the table and let my guests serve themselves. Cupcakes seemed like the perfect choice! Unfortunately, these cupcakes were a little more mess and fuss than I had envisioned - the mixture is very thick and filling the patty cases was a frustrating process. But they were delicious nonetheless - very rich with a raspberry 'surprise' in the centre.

I found the recipe for the cakes at http://www.cupcake-creations.com/chocolate-cup-cake-recipe.html. For the icing I just melted 400g dark chocolate with 70g butter and 250ml cream and let it cool before topping the cooled cupcakes. Just make sure to watch the mixture carefully. I became distracted and some of it did burn, but I managed to salvage most of it!

No photos - I was a bit over taking photos at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment