Popular Posts

08 June 2009

Green Salad with Pink Peppercorn Dressing


Personally, I generally prefer salad to hot vegetables. But I know that some people prefer just the opposite. As I was feeding so many people I wanted to serve sides that suit everyone's tastes - so decided to serve a salad as well as the beans and carrots. And, well, since I love spinach I wanted to incorporate it somehow...

The pink peppercorns were a last minute thought and were added for colour as well as for their wonderful tang.

Ingredients

250g baby spinach washed and dried
4 spring onions finely sliced
1/3 cup pistachios chopped
2 avocados chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons pink peppercorns lightly crushed

Method

Combine the spinach, spring onions, pistachios and avocado in a salad bowl. Place the olive oil, lime juice and peppercorns in a screw top jar and shake to combine. Drizzle the salad with the dressing just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment