Popular Posts

08 June 2009

Crispy Chicken Breasts

When entertaining I like to offer guests two different types of meat - and often I choose chicken and lamb. Lately I have leaned towards chicken wings as I love roasting them until they are wonderfully crispy. In addition, for this dinner, I wanted to serve chicken breasts with the skin still on so that we could enjoy the beautiful white chicken breast meat as well as the crispy skin.

I also wanted to be able to run the spiced butter theme through as many dishes as possible. Leaving the skin on means I could place the spiced butter under the skin and the succulent meat would be flavoured by the spices.
No photo unfortunately - I was running short of time!

Ingredients

Spiced butter from Slow Roasted Lamb with Spiced Butter recipe
5 chicken breasts skin on
1 tablespoon olive oil

Method

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Use your fingers to separate the chicken skin from the breast, creating a pocket. Place knobs of the spiced butter in the pocket. Heat the olive oil in a fry pan and place the chicken skin side down and brown well.
Transfer the chicken to a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment